The Pros and Cons of Using Bitcoins
Whether you call it cryptocurrency, virtual currency, or digital currency, bitcoin is a type of new currency that you should learn all you can about before you buy it, mine it, or use it to pay for products and services. There are pros and cons of using bitcoins that all users should be made aware as they move forward. Let’s look at the main ones here.
* Security Issues – There are some issues with hacking where people have lost their bitcoins. Additionally, there have been issues of fraud where someone misrepresented themselves and were really sending you to a fraudulent website to pay money for non-existent bitcoins.
* Anonymity Protections – You can buy using your private key, which is essentially a password, up to 78 digits long (and you can have more than one). This is how you make a bitcoin transaction, and you cannot make one without your key.
* Private Keys – This was just a positive and now it’s a con. The reason is that you cannot recover your private key. If you lose it and can’t remember it, you’re out of luck because they are unrecoverable. The best place to store your key is by printing it out on paper and keeping it locked up in a file cabinet or even a safety deposit box.
* Wallets – Your bitcoins are stored in a wallet that is accessible via the cloud, an internal hard drive, or even an external storage device. You cannot save your wallet on paper, only electronically.
* Hacking – Wallets are great but if you don’t sign in often and you don’t watch your accounts, you’re making yourself vulnerable to hacking. Anytime you store anything on a computer it’s vulnerable to hacking, so it’s essential to use only super-secure servers.
* Finite Supply – This is a good thing. Fiat money (the money sponsored by governments) is not backed by anything and most money is valued based on the US Dollar. Since there are only 21 million units of bitcoin and there will never be more, it’s just like the old gold standard which is seen by some as superior than fiat money.
* Black Market Activity – Bitcoin is often used for nefarious reasons on the dark web. This means that it can have a bad reputation due to some of its users. This is a shame, because it can erode bitcoin’s reputation and value.
* It’s Unpolitical – There is no central bank, and no state agency controls bitcoin or its value. A government cannot freeze your bitcoin, and bitcoin isn’t even regulated by its creators. It just exists and can be used by the users the way they want to use it.
Understanding the myriad of issues surrounding cryptocurrencies and all the pros and cons of them is essential to know the potential risks and rewards. That way you can move forward with an understanding of what you’re doing. When you do that, you can protect yourself from fraud and make better decisions.
If you would like a step by step guide of how to create a Plug-N-Play Cryptocurrency portfolio built from Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and many other quality coins (some of which that pay you just to own them!), click the banner below:
Dan Watson and Arkham Industries provide an informational service only and are not responsible for any investments made applying this information. The results described are not typical and are not guarantees of future income. Any investment contains risk and is 100% the responsibility of the investor to assess the risks/rewards involved. It is possible to lose some or all of your investment. We assume no liability assumed or implied for your application of the information shared from the training programs.
I am not a financial adviser and for that reason, nothing I say or write should be taken as financial advice. This information is for informational and entertainment purposes only. I am not the owner of any of the programs mentioned on this website. I am also not connected to the presented websites in any way, shape or form. There is risk involved in trading, mining, lending, staking and investing in cryptocurrency. So any previous payments made by any website or an investment fund do not guarantee that payments will be steady and regular in the future. I am not responsible if a website does not pay out or shut down at anytime. So Join at your own risk. This information is created as per my personal experience. I do not take any responsibility for any losses that may occur. I do not give any financial advise.
Earnings and Income Disclaimer. We make every effort to ensure that we accurately represent these products and services and their potential for income. Earning and Income statements made by its’ customers and/or I are only estimates of what we think you can possibly earn. There is no guarantee that you will make these levels of income and you accept the risk that the earnings and income statements differ by individual. As with any business, your results may vary, and will be based on your individual capacity, business experience, expertise, and level of desire.